Remote Deposit Capture FAQ
- I scanned a check, and then I received an email instructing me to deposit my check at the nearest branch office.
The scanned check might have been outside the criteria for your account. There can be various reasons for this, but it could be due to the check image simply being illegible. Therefore, the check should be deposited at one of our branches. If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at 325-670-2429.
- I made a deposit in the morning and got an overdraft fee that day.
Debit and ACH transactions can be posted throughout the day. Remote Deposit Capture items are processed between 2 PM and 4 PM CST daily. If a scanned deposit was posted after the debit transaction was presented, the deposit was not yet available to pay the debit transaction, which could result in an overdraft. Debit transactions (debit card, checks, or ACH transactions) should not be authorized prior to when you have funds available in your checking account for those items to clear.
- What should I do with a check once it has been scanned successfully?
Store it in a secure location for at least 60 days, and then shred the check.
- Can I expect that all checks will scan correctly?
No. Variations in check sizes, colors and designs can impact the readability of a check. The scanned check images may be too dark after they are converted to black and white by the service image. NOTE: It is for this reason that we recommend that you keep your check intact for 60 days after you remotely deposit it.
- Will holds be placed on checks submitted through Remote Deposit Capture?
Yes, only the first $200 will be available immediately and a minimum of a two-business day hold will be placed on amounts over $200. First Watch FCU reserves the right to hold any deposit submitted through Remote Deposit Capture as outlined in the Remote Deposit Capture Disclosure and Agreement.
- How far back can I get copies of the checks I have scanned?
- Can multiple deposits be submitted during one day?
Yes. However, there may be a hold placed on all the items deposited that day.
- How many checks can be included in one deposit?
Only one check can be submitted at a time with Remote Deposit Capture.
- What types of checks can I scan using Remote Deposit Capture?
Single-party domestic checks made payable to the owner(s) of your First Watch Federal Credit Union account. IMPORTANT NOTE: These items CAN NOT be deposited using Remote Deposit Capture. Some of these items may be accepted in our branches:
- Checks that need a verification or authorization number (ex: tax checks, COM checks, etc.)
- Third-party checks
- Insurance checks
- Savings bonds
- Foreign checks
- Items stamped "non-negotiable”
- Incomplete checks
- U. S. Treasury
- Stale-dated checks (more than 6 months old)
- Post-dated checks (dated for a future day)
- Any checks that appear to be altered
- Checks purporting to be a lottery or prize-winning
- Checks previously submitted using remote deposit capture
- What types of accounts can I scan deposits into?
Checks can be scanned into your shares or checking (share draft) accounts.
- When can Remote Deposits be issued to the credit union?
You can transmit remote deposits to us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even on weekends and holidays. Check will not be processed until normal business hours.
- How should I endorse my checks?
Checks must be endorsed as follows: Signature For Mobile Deposit Only Acct #XXXXXX
- How do I log into Remote Deposit Capture?
Just make sure you have the most recent version of our Mobile Banking App. Once you log in to the application you will see Deposit as a menu choice. The system will walk you through each step to make your deposit.
- Do I have to apply for the Remote Deposit Capture service?
No. Remote Deposit Capture is automatically granted after 90 days if you meet the qualifications of the service.
- When are Remote Deposit Capture items processed?
Items received before 2:00 P.M. CST Monday - Friday will be posted the same business day. Items received after 2:00 P.M. CST Monday - Friday will be posted the following business day.
- How does Remote Deposit Capture work?
Remote Deposit Capture enables you to deposit checks from your home or office using First Watch Credit Union Mobile Banking App in conjunction with your smartphone’s camera. No software or special equipment is required.
- What are the fees for this service?
Remote Deposit Capture is provided to our members FREE of charge!
- What are the benefits of using Remote Deposit Capture?
Remote Deposit Capture offers you the convenience of making deposits on your time schedule and in the comfort of your own home, office or even on the go. You no longer have to drive to your branch and wait in line to deposit checks saving you both time and money.
- What is Remote Deposit Capture?
Remote Deposit Capture is a convenient deposit service that allows you to use your First Watch Mobile Banking App to make check deposits from any location.